Monday, June 11, 2018

Starting something new....

I am attempting to embark on a new self teaching journey. A couple years ago, my sister in law bought me a drop spindle and some fiber for Christmas a few years ago. At the time I felt incredibly intimidated about the idea. I've been crocheting for well over 10 years now, but never put much thought into trying to spin my own yarn.
Fast forward to a few months ago, I had the thought that it might be kinda cool to give it a try. After all I did carry the supplies with me through 2 different moves. When ever I attempt something new, I go over it in my head for a few months about how I am gonna approach it and watch how to videos on you tube.
Well last weekend I took the plunge and got my supplies out and gave it a whirl, so to speak. I think for my first try, it didn't go horribly. I've already soaked and dried my first batch and hope to roll it up and see how well I did. I've already started spinning a new batch and I have already seen some improvement from my first spin. I can't wait to treat it and dry it, maybe I will have enough to make a scarf.  It's all very exciting, I will be sure to post updates as I continue to learn and get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment